Admissions into Reception for September 2020
Details of the admissions arrangements are given in the Admissions & Appeals Policy which can be found in the Downloads section below. Please note that the Policy relates only to the admission year stated on the document and is subject to change in future years.
You will receive information about how to apply for schools from your child's nursery or pre-school setting in November. Our admissions process is run by Bradford Council. You can find out more information here: Bradford Council Apply for a place.
If you are applying for a place at the Academy under the 'Exceptional medical or social need' or 'Children of staff' oversubscription criteria, please send an e-mail/letter marked FAO Governing Body by 15th January 2020 by either:
- E-mail to: email@example.com
- Post to: Admissions, c/o Dixons McMillan Academy, Trinity Road, Bradford, BD5 0JD
Please note that the e-mail/letter is required in addition to submission of the Common Application Form (CAF) to the Council by the deadline of 15th January 2020.
For exceptional need applications, the e-mail/letter should be accompanied by a supporting letter from an independent professional that:
- states which Academy the application is for
- explains why that particular Academy is the only suitable school to meet the child’s needs and why no other school could provide the appropriate support for the child
For children of staff applications, the e-mail/letter should state:
- which Academy the application is for
- the name, post, and length of service of the member of staff
- the child’s name and date of birth.
Applications to the academy are made via the local authority/council In-Year Application Form. You will need to name the academy as one of your school preferences on that form.
The In-Year form is available by downloading it from Bradford Council’s In-year applications or by contacting the Admissions Team at the local authority:
telephone: 01274 439200
Places will be filled in line with the oversubscription criteria outlined in our Admissions and Appeals Policy (below). If you require more information contact us via:
telephone: 01274 772154
|Dmb Admissions 2020 21 (PDF)|